This resource offers a clear and user-friendly road map for administrators, service providers, practitioners, and policy makers seeking to develop career pathway systems at local regional, and/or state levels.
Major Findings & Recommendations
The toolkit outlines the Six Key Elements of Career Pathways, which were developed with project partners (federal agencies representatives and subject matter experts from national research and technical assistance organizations) and the eleven grantees involved in the Career Pathways Initiative (2009-2010) to help to guide local and state teams through the key steps necessary for developing a comprehensive career pathways system. The Six Key Elements are:
- Build cross-agency partnerships and clarify roles;
- Identify sector or industry and engage employers;
- Design education and training programs;
- Identify funding needs and sources;
- Align policies and programs; and
- Measure system change and performance.
Case studies shared throughout provide specific examples of implementing each element.