Reviews adult education reforms, adult education practices, and how to apply collective-impact models to different strategies.
“Youths’ and adults’ foundation skills determine local, regional, and national competitiveness. They have lasting impacts on individuals’ success and social mobility. Skills are vital components of healthy, safe families and civic engagement, and are the building blocks of economic development and growth. In our fast-changing and ever-connected 21st-century lives, learning and skill development must be a constant and lifelong pursuit…. This guide provides seven high-level strategies that communities, public and private entities, and all levels of government can adopt to achieve a collective-impact approach, with shared objectives to strengthen our nation” (p.1-2). (Abstractor: Author)
Major Findings & Recommendations
Seven collective-impact strategies designed to improve career pathways systems and training programs:
• “Create joint ownership of solutions” (p.2).
• “Expand opportunities for adults to improve foundation skills” (p.2).
• “Make career pathways available and accessible in every community” (p.3).
• “Ensure all students have access to highly effective teachers, leaders, and programs” (p.3).
• “Align federal policies and programs to integrate services for adults” (p.4).
• “Increase the return on investment in skills training for business, industry, and labor” (p.4).
• “Commit to closing the equity gap for vulnerable sub-populations” (p.5). (Abstractor: Author and Website Staff)